The Advantages of the Right Flooring
Anyone who has tried to bounce a basketball in the grass knows that playing a sport on the wrong floor can be frustrating. However, the matter goes deeper. As LinkedIn points out, there are actually multiple advantages for athletes who play on proper sports flooring:
- More safety. Sports floors generally offer increased shock absorption. As athletes jump and land, the give in the floor can help protect against a variety of injuries, including sprains, strains, and stress fractures. Playing on these floors may also reduce fatigue.
- Enhanced performance. Sports floors are carefully designed to provide a stable, consistent surface. As athletes get used to playing on it, they learn to make tight turns, rapid movements, and quick jumps. This can add up to a better performance.
- Stronger mental game. As athletes track consistent markers in their performance, they generally feel their confidence grow. In addition, working out on a quality field can offer a psychological boost.
Choosing the Right Flooring for Your Indoor or Outdoor Court
What does your perfect court look like? There’s no one right answer, so you’ll want to take some time to determine what you want and need. Consider questions like the following:
- How big of an area is involved? Is it indoors or outdoors?
- What is your budget?
- What sports do you intend to play on the floor? How frequently will they be played?
- Are you interested in a floor that’s designed for multiple sports?
- What performance features are most important to you?
- Have you considered the subfloor?
- What about customization? Can you create the look you want?
- What is the expected lifespan of the flooring? Is there any warranty?
- Are accessories for the court available?
- How is installation handled? How long will it take?
- Will you need help with maintenance? Can your installer provide assistance and supplies?
Exploring Athletic Surfaces from New England Courts
New England Courts is proud to offer a wide range of indoor and outdoor athletic surfaces and courts. The following is a brief overview of our sports flooring options:
- Aerobic floors and dance flooring. Durable and long-lasting, these gorgeous suspended floors come with excellent shock absorptions and a urethane finish. They’re easy to maintain and portable. If you decide to relocate, they can be moved.
- Roller hockey rink flooring. For indoor applications, Defense modular flooring will handle all the fast action that hockey delivers. When the rink is outdoors, Sport Court surface is the perfect choice for keeping the game rolling.
- Gym flooring. Working out should make you feel good. Our gym flooring is a high-tech material that’s designed to give under movement. This protects joints and reduces fatigue and the chance of injury. It also looks good, which offers a mental boost. Several varieties are available, including residential and commercial versions. Both can be customized to produce the environment that you crave.
- Multi-Sport Surface Just one of our many quality outdoor athletic surfaces, our Multi-Sport Surface provides reliable, low-abrasion flooring. As its name suggests, it’s an ideal pick for many sports, including basketball, soccer, handball, and volleyball.
- Birdie This backyard putting green offers a nice blend of fun and function. An affordable option, Birdie promises years of faithful service. Expert golfers may prefer the Eagle. Beginners may do better with Par.
At New England Courts, we’re committed to offering numerous options in sports flooring and athletic surfaces so that athletes of all ages and skill levels can gather and have their best game. If you need assistance determining what product best meets your needs, we’re here to help. Reach out to New England Courts today to explore your options.