How to Maintain an Outdoor Court
There are multiple benefits to taking your workout outdoors. Exposure to the sun prompts your body to produce vitamin D, a vital nutrient for good health. Because the outdoors is inherently unpredictable, it adds more of a challenge than putting your body through its paces indoors. Plus, many exercisers report that it makes their fitness routine more fun.
Building an outdoor court right outside your door makes it incredibly easy to get in some time playing your favorite game, but it’s essential that you learn know how to maintain an outdoor court. You have a few options.
Take a Do-It-Yourself Approach
The work needed to maintain an outdoor athletic court will depend on the materials used in its construction and your unique situation. At New England Courts, we install several high-quality athletic surfaces that can accommodate various sports. Whichever surface you choose from our selection, you can be sure that it’s both durable and easy to maintain.
Have branches tumbled onto the court? You simply need to pick them up. Are leaves or grass clippings blurring the surface? Remove them with a broom or leaf blower. Is grime an issue? Our surfaces are designed to be rinsed with a hose or pressure washer.
Call an Expert for Maintenance Services
If you aren’t comfortable with a DIY approach or are faced with a complex concern, it may be time to call in an expert to assist you. If you’d like help with the maintenance or repair of your outdoor court, New England Courts is ready to assist you. We can provide court cleanings, repair services, tile adjustments, applications of moss inhibitors, bulb replacements, and a variety of other maintenance services.
Discover the Types of Outdoor Athletic Surfaces
If you’re still contemplating what your perfect outdoor court might look like, exploring the various outdoor athletic surfaces that New England Courts offers may help. We offer several fantastic options:
- Recreational Surface: A top-notch turf line, this gorgeous faux grass is ideal for playgrounds, batting cages, and bocce ball courts.
- Multi-sport Surface: When you want a space that’s suitable for several sports, this is a great pick. With low skin abrasion and a shock-absorbing grid that reduces fatigue and joint strain, you can play a variety of games longer and with greater safety.
- Performance Surface: If you’re searching for a surface that delivers awesome bounce and ball response while still protecting against joint strain and skin abrasion, this should top your list. It’s ideal for multiple sports.
- Racquetball Surface: With excellent ball control, this surface is also excellent for basketball, handball, volleyball, and roller hockey.
- Eagle: If golf is your game, Eagle may be your ideal surface for a private putting green. Lush and natural looking, it features the thickest weave of knitted nylon per square yard available.
- Birdie: Birdie offers a beautiful balance of price and quality. With 48 ounces of tufted nylon in each square yard, it will provide years of reliable service.
- Par: If you’re a beginner who wants a putting green that feels like real grass but delivers the easy maintenance of turf, Par provides the perfect solution. It cleverly combines a foam pad and thick nylon weave to deliver a putting surface that will allow you to polish your skills.
- Fringe: Do you need a less-manicured surface that’s outstanding for chip shots and framing other putting areas? Fringe is edgy enough for the job.
- Court Base: A 100% recycled material, Court Base is a concrete replacement. It’s intended for use under other court surfaces.
New England Courts delights in designing and building athletic courts of all kinds for homeowners and businesses. However, our commitment to quality service doesn’t stop when the court’s construction is completed. If your court would benefit from maintenance or repair, reach out to New England Courts today.
New England Courts offers residential and commercial athletic courts for both indoor and outdoor use, and we’ve been designing, building, and testing our own courts since 1974. Whether you’re interested in an athletic surface for basketball, volleyball, roller hockey, tennis, futsal, or even bocce ball, our knowledgeable team can help. To learn more about the process or to begin designing your custom backyard court, please give us a call at 603-944-1184 or send us a message online. We look forward to hearing from you!